Migrant Workers Office (MWO). The MWO, formerly knows as the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) serves as the Department of Migrant Workers’ (DMW’s) overseas operating arm in the implementation of the Philippine labor policies and programs for the protection of the rights and promotion of the welfare and interests of Filipinos working abroad.
Functions and Responsibilities. The MWO shall have the following functions and responsibilities:
- Ensure the protection of the rights and promote the welfare and interests of overseas Filipino migrant workers and assist them on all problems arising out of employer-employee relationship;
- Promote and implement the Department’s overseas employment program, consistent with the overall policy thrust of the government;
- Verify employment contracts and other employment-related documents;
- Monitor and report to Home Office (HO) situations and policy development in the host country that may affect Filipino migrant workers in particular and Philippine labor policies, in general;
- Supervise and coordinate the operations of the Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Resource Center (MWOFRC);
- Pursue need-based community development and relations program and engage in socio-cultural activities organized by the Philippine government, host country, Filipino communities and other entities; and
- Perform other functions as may be directed by the Secretary of Department of Migrant Workers.